About the Structure
As stated in our About, the Disability Alliance at VT is the umbrella organization for and closely affiliated with the Disability Caucus at VT. The Alliance is currently listed as a Registered Student Organization (RSO).
Responsibilities of the Disability Alliance President
- Work together, with the Caucus Co-Chairs, and others of the leadership team to plan and facilitate meetings and oversee current projects.
- Must be someone who identifies as disabled/having a disability, mental illness, or chronic illness
- Ideally an undergraduate or graduate student
Current Alliance President
- Elizabeth “Liz” Spingola
Alliance Faculty Adviser
- Support student leadership within the Disability Alliance as they carry out operations of the organization
- Assist with networking with Virginia Tech departments and administrative bodies
Current Alliance Faculty Adviser
Alliance Membership Coordinator
- Help new VT community members with disabilities feel welcome – provide information about how to acquire accommodations for classes or job, accessible businesses, etc.
- Welcome them into the Disability Alliance & Caucus
Current Alliance Community Welcomer
- Tori Britten
Responsibilities of the Disability Caucus-Co Chairs are to:
- Work with other caucus representatives (LGBT, Black, Latino, Veterans, etc.) and represent the Disability Caucus at Diversity & Inclusion meetings and other university meetings.
- Chair meetings of the Caucus, set the agenda for meetings, and distribute information to the group
- Assist Alliance leadership with joint/general Alliance functions
Current Caucus Co-Chairs are:
- Martina Svyantek (also serves as Community Ambassador)
- Elizabeth “Liz” Spingola (also serves as Alliance Co-President)
Responsibilities of the Disability Caucus Treasurer include:
- Manage organization budget and funds
- Work on fundraising efforts
- Be able to professionally interact with University admin and be entrusted with access to access to the Disability Alliance/Caucus bank account(s).
Current Caucus Treasurer: